Saturday 9 April 2011

The importance of learning to listen

 Today has been a sunny and warmish day, my mood is good and i feel at peace with the world .....It didn't start that way, in fact i was cheesed off , big time when i got up, but i am sure pleased to have reached this spot where i feel at peace with everyone.
To start off with , i was late up... this isn't a big thing but to me it was , because i felt that i was chasing my tail (so to speak ) before i had even begun. There had been several things that i wanted to do today, but these left my mind on traveling through the kitchen and seeing it in a state. ( it looked as if the untidy pixies had  a party in it the night  , an i know it was tidy when i went up to bed the night before.) Worse still there was people up and about and ignoring the fact that it was dirty , and the dog was  begging for out with her legs crossed.
Exit nice peaceful slave, and mother , ............Enter bad tempered troll !!!
Well all i can say is that i wasn't short in coming forward with the crashing about of dishes and putting things away.....The dog sensibly realised that her owner was not happy and quickly done what she needed to and legged it back in. Son how ever was not so astute and  had to be told that i would have appreciated more help rather that him just sitting there and watching "buffy" (yeah the television people have given him a whole new series to watch and of course he has to watch them all in the least amount of time possible.)
After a shaky spot , i realised that  i had not been out to get my tablets , and if i didn't get them today i would run out. ......... So still in a bleak mood i asked Master if He was going to take me ... not listening to His reply really because i wanted to be independent ...mistake.
i wasn't well last night , this contributed to my late morning rising , and well  i certainly didn't feel like walking to get my tablets. However as i stated above i didn't listen to what was said by Master , and decided that He had said that i had to go and get my own tablets..............(He didn't by the way). So still in  a grump i decided to say i was going for a walk....i wouldn't have got to far today .
A stilted conversation followed , and Master had His winkling pin out, which result eventually by me telling Him that i thought that He hadn't cared if i ran out of tablets or not......... ( sorry )
By this time the troll had turned into a whimpering wreck and was crying .......... Fortunately  i didn't get anymore chalk marks for this , but i was told that it was not what He had said and He explained all it again to me...this time i was listening.
It  reinstated the importance to me of listening and communicating to Him , something that i have not  been that hot on since His week away. i do realise where i went wrong and  i hope not to make the same mistake again. i find the switch over from Him not being there difficult and it has been hard to adjust back to the good girl that He wants me to be when there is so many other worries and hiccups going on to drag me out of focus.
Fortunately His talk to me seems to have dragged the old saffy back and i now feel allot happier than i was before, He gave me a task to do , of creating a back up of my many pictures that i take in case i ever have any trouble with my PC.
Master i am sorry that You had a troll in your kitchen this morning , but hopefully she has been banished away now and normality will rule again. Thank you for taking time out to explain what You meant not once, but twice.... and i know  You would never let my meds run out..........i am sorry for even thinking this.
hugs You tight.
saffy





the light of a candle is never lessened by lighting another .

No comments:

Post a Comment