Sunday 1 May 2011

one mans rubbish is anothers treasure

 Today has been beautiful and hot, and Master and i have been on a treasure hunt as such....For sometime W/we have been doing O/our garden (and my father's) and have now reached the stage of putting a splash of colour in them, so Master decided that it would be a nice idea to go to out to a garden centre and have a browse about for an instant colour fix. .
On the way there , we had a diversion to a craft centre , firstly to look to see if they had any resin to create the chess set that Master is making.....and to explore the other units that were closed last time we went. i love that place, it is like a treasure trove of all things to create and make , with modern day art stuff in one unit, textiles and kites in  another , antiques in  another etc.
Firstly we had morning tea in the coffee shop , a tiny double espresso coffee for Master, and a peppermint tea for me, plus a generous portion of bake well tart......This was served in a rustic barn of a tea room , rugs on the wall , pine tables etc, and some wonderful chamber music playing on a disc. There were homely settees in the corner and allot of pottery and homemade wares to buy. (plus a few toys and books dotted about on other shelves to add to ambiance. )
When W/we had finished this Master took me to the model making centre to see if His resin was in stock, sadly it wasn't, but i got lost in looking at the models , dolls houses , remote controlled cars , and did i mention dolls houses....They had about ten made up ones and every accessory that you could want for them..........and my heart went back to my childhood , when i had one ....(sadly though i broke it as i tried to use it as a chair....and i was only three at the time , so maybe i should have  been forgiven....) my mother also owned several dolls houses and used to make the dolls for them for  a posh shop in the city some miles from my childhood home. She always had orders for them.As a child i longed to play with her perfect little houses and arrange the furniture etc......but to no avail...she wouldn't let me touch so much as a rug.
Master talked to the owner and found out that they didn't sell resin anymore ...and so we left and went onto the garden centre...When we arrived there , it turned out they were having a car boot sale there as well. On the first stall we came to, Master came across a kodo cane.....but refused to pay the price that was being charged on it...and then i saw on the next stall the man was selling a dolls house......It was a fraction of the price of the ones in the centre and it needed allot of work done on it to make it into my dream house, but it was a dolls house 1/12th scale .....
i have said it before and i truly mean it my Master spoils me ...for not only did He buy it for me....He also found me two Fred flour shakers for my collection , and managed to purchase Himself a far superior cane to the one on the first stall....and a coffee peculator that goes on our stove. W/we could have spent days in that place examining the goods and finding treasure.........oh and yes we also got two brightly coloured plants to go in the garden as well and two beautiful dining room chairs for a next to nothing price. Master has promised me that W/we will go back at a later date...........to have another rummage.
i have said it before and i will keep on saying it , i was truly blessed when i met this Man i call my Master...never in my whole life have i been so spoilt...not only in what He gets for me , but for the way that He cares for me and the way that He knows me, inside out. Loving Him is easy , because despite being the Boss , He takes notes of  things that helps me , and the things that i love , and adds them in my daily routine....i do not need ropes to bind me to Him for my heart, my mind, my body and my soul is His to own   and with Him i am whole, His love holds me tighter than any other bondage ever could. i am proud to be His girl.
i hope all you people in bloggy land had a good day
hugs and light
saffy

ps i think Master has found a cane that i can love :-D

the light of a candle is never lessened by lighting another .

1 comment:

  1. It is said that comparisons are odious; and talking about favourites is make comparisons. But I just have to say that for me, saffy, your blog is my favourite of all that I read. Love and gratitude shines from your writing and illuminates my day.

    ReplyDelete