Friday 24 May 2013

strike one

 Sometimes when we do things, i think that fate must be tempted, and it all  changes. This happened to me the other day when i noticed that i hadn't updated my virtual chalkboard that i have on this page. It still had April on it as the month and we were now well into May. 

Feeling extremely pleased with myself (because it was the 11th of the month and there had been no strikes to add to the chalk board,) i proudly typed in zero where the tally of the marks go, and felt rather smug. Ah but the saying is pride comes before fall, and within five minutes of writing zero , i had earned a silly mark just for back chatting Master. I felt gutted. 

Now i know to back chat A/anyone is never a good idea , it shows no respect , and makes me look an idiot with the smart Alex comments that drifted from my mind so easily to my lips, however i think my brain had gone on holiday and , according to Master , i had been having little remarks all day. To tell Master it was His turn to make coffee was not the best of ideas, (and i don't know why i even said it as i love getting coffee for Him) But say it i did...and so one point is staring at me from the page and the blackboard. 

So far i have not been silly enough to earn 20 points in  a month....Nor do i wish to be. i have no idea what would happen if i did reach that magic number, but i don't think i really want to find out. Master is a really fair person and i doesn't give out points or corrections just on a whim , so to do so it would say i had been particularly bratty .

hugs to all

saffy



the light of a candle is never lessened by lighting another .

No comments:

Post a Comment