Friday 7 October 2011

Control and comunication




i had an email from a young man the other day to apologise about something that he had written on a board, which was a direct insult to the people that were trying to give him advice. He had , in my opinion tried to hard to be what others wanted him to be and needed to grow up allot and learn from the advice that was being given to him. (the stuff that i had read was not malicious at him just trying to stop him getting hurt again, as this had happened by his own admission on two occasions before hand. ) i must admit i have not replied to this email...
It did however provoke this responses in my head
How many times had i in the past tried to do things my way, even though Master had given me advice , only to discover His way would have got me there quicker. (it has taken  a long time to be able to let go of my thoughts and ways of doing things.) i am one million times better than i was when i first met Master, yet i know as long as i wear His collar i will still have things to learn and routines and ways to be taught.
Luckily Master realises this i guess, and He continues to teach me........ The lessons and instructions get harder at times , and they are not always what i would want to learn, and yet i continue to grow.
i also learnt, it is not always about the what you say, but about the way you say it..........for instance if i told Master ( and  i don't think i would ever say this to Him) "f off i am not going to do this " for what ever the reason , i do not think that i would be able to sit again, my mouth might actually taste the bar of soap that He threatens me with when the odd word that He does not like slips out, and i would be very lucky to have a Master.
However the past has shown me that if i explain to Master i would like a chance to do things a certain way.... He may or may not listen , ( and if there is a reason why i have asked Him this i know He will listen) It does not guarantee i will get things my own way.  Life is about accepting the good things with the bad .......and this is true with a 24/7 lifestyle as well.
If i was to have a tantrum every time that i didn't like something i guess i would be permanently in a state of anger. Anger achieves nothing... It does loads of damage and can drive away the help that is being offered, For this reason it pays to be in control of ones emotions and try to reflect back the care that my One gives me and act in a way that makes Him proud.
i have come a long way since i first knew Master, i still have a way to go, but i think i can safely say i have never sworn or behaved in an aggressive manor to a person that was trying to help me,  be it before i was collared or since . Nor would i want to want to do so.
hugs 

saffy







the light of a candle is never lessened by lighting another .

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully you will both learn,anget and frustration , will not help you achieve your goal, whateverit/they are...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a quick temper. I get spanked not just for a full outburst, but even for the look on my face. Angry narrowed eyes is unacceptable to him, as he knows what is next. I don't swear much, I actually really hate it, but I get disciplined for it when I do. It's a zero tolerance rule.

    I wish I were not so fiery, but I'm taking baby steps. The "lessons" are not fun to learn..sigh.

    Stormy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your hubby really cares for you though Stormy. i wonder how you would feel in the long term if he was not so strict towards you.

    Lessons, or should i say consequences rarely seem to be much fun when we are learning these things , but they have terrific results.
    hugs
    thanks for stopping by and commenting

    saffy

    ReplyDelete