Saturday 4 December 2010

pre christmas blues

i suddenly realised that once again christmas is sneaking up on me and i still had done virtually no preparations...True the cake had got baked this year (this being the first in three years i have managed to do it ) and was now soaking His french brandy , and geting ready to be decorated. And yes i have got a smattering of christmas shopping done.  However i dont feel festive.....i kept remembering the shoppers stuffing added extras in their trolleys on Monday and wondering how much of it was really needed.
The snow though beautiful has acted as a prison warden for me , because as i am so unstable on my feet at the moment , i have had a ban on going out while there are these weather conditions, and i really feel like a bird must do , trapped in a cage. i watched people go past and the dog decided she would join me at the window as well.
In the end i was offered a touch of freedom by my son, in him joining me taking the hound out in our backgarden and playing snowballs with her.........We stayed out for the best part of an hour chucking snow at her and watching her root in the icy flakes to try and find the ball after it had broken to nothing, and she caused much laughter from both of us.
So much so that i forgot my christmas blues and the fact that i was being held prisoner by our house, and felt a whole heap better.  i am not so silly that i dont realise, that the rules are there that Master makes, to keep me safe, and i know i am lucky that i have a Man that cares about my well being enough to tell me no when i would probably go and put myself in harms way, but i do hope the snow goes away soon .........
 On going upstairs later on. i realised i havent opened my advent calendar door today ( yup i begged one for me again this year) and there was a chocolate waiting there to be snaffled , Life had swung from half empty to half full and i now feel happy and content .



the light of a candle is never lessened by lighting another .

No comments:

Post a Comment